Meadowlark Barn – English Country
You might think Shakespeare when you turn the curve from the gate into the meadow and see the picturesque Meadowlark Barn, an English country barn with attached silo and 2nd story loft bedroom. Cedar shakes, tall gabled roof and a welcoming red front door greet you at our honeymoon cabin rental near Oklahoma City. Inside you’ll discover a “corral” entry and the traditional colors of the country: sunflower yellows, cardinal red, John Deere green. (Hint: As you head up the stairs, a sign on the wall says “Laugh”).
That’s because you need a sense of humor and adventure as you turn the corner for the next 6 steps up into the loft. They are fun and unique. After all, this is “tiny living,” and we had to get six steps up in a tiny space.)
Your luxurious bed for a king is in the bedroom loft and the bathroom with huge half-round European Spa Shower is upstairs in the silo off the bedroom.
Recognize the bed from Prairie Gypsy at the Arcadian Inn and before that Pleasant Under Glass at Willow Way?
The iconic silo houses your private hot tub porch off the sitting room. Along side is a dry sauna for therapeutic relaxation. Of course what would a porch be without rocking chairs.
Each cottage accommodates 2 adults only. (No infants, children, pets or farmhands allowed.)
- Sitting room with Sofa
- Gas Fireplace (in season)
- Satellite LCD HDTV /DVD
- DVDs/CDs, Magazines/Books
- Indoor Jacuzzi for Two
- Luxurious King-size Canopy Bed in Upstairs Loft
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Full-size Electric Range
- Full-size Refrigerator with Icemaker
- Coordinated Dishes, Glassware, Silverware, Pans and Utensils
- Coffeemaker, Toaster, Microwave, Mini-blender, Waffle Maker
- Popcorn/Snacks and Coffee & Tea
- Famous Arcadian Inn Maple Walnut Cookies
- Semi-circular European Spa Shower
- Hair Dryer
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Robes, Slippers, Bath Salts/Toiletries,
- Deck with Porch Swing
- Park-style Charcoal Grill (charcoal not provided) not available during burn ban, please inquire.
- Screened Porch with Rockers
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Dry Sauna
- Fresh Pure Well Water
- Gated Grounds
- Parking Next to Silo
- Check-in after 4pm
- Check-out 12pm (noon), leave key in cottage.
Idea for your stay: The Meadowlark Barn is perfect for a “cabin” stay-cation for romantic couples with one of our multi-night savings packages.
Over the next few days enjoy a private couple’s massage, strawberries and champagne, a private candlelight dinner prepared and delivered on the night you choose. Post on Facebook how you outrageously poured champagne over each other in your Milk ‘N Honey Champagne Bath. Never get dressed, just lounge in your robes and slippers provided.
If cabin-fever strikes, take a ride into Guthrie for an Oklahoma staple of Chicken Fried Steak at Stacy’s or Barbecue at Stables! Check out a play at the Pollard Theatre or one of the many museums.